Danaos Peripherals has been providing its comprehensive range of services to the shipping industry for 20 years and counts over 500 companies amongst its customers.
The company has made a name for itself mainly via Info@GATE, which is the e-mail & communications system preferred by more than 150 companies worldwide. Apart from Info@GATE, the company offers complete database support and solutions and has developed a number of software applications aimed at helping shipping companies optimize their daily operations both ashore and onboard.
Info@GATE was designed with the specific needs of shipping companies in mind. The basic needs defining the philosophy of Info@GATE were the ability to support a large volume of information, the need for very fast performance, and the need to cover a number of corporate groupware functions to facilitate day-to-day operations by keeping organizational information centralized, common and unique.
Info@GATE runs on the Oracle Database 11g R2 and Linux, which are stable, secure and handle an enormous amount of data fast. Info@GATE is used by thousands of users worldwide, some of which are brokers handling more than 5.000 messages daily and requiring tremendous speed in order to conduct their business.
Info@GATE is a centralized communication system that is based on the client-server philosophy meaning maintenance, security and back-up activities are performed only at the server level and not on individual user PCs, thus optimizing company protection and saving time.
Info@GATE is fully integrated with all DANAOS ship management applications, which generates enormous advantages in terms of time, data compatibility, and accuracy.
Some of Info@GATE’s Key Features are as follows:
- Ability to handle all types of information (e-mail, interoffice memos, fax, telex, SMS and refilers), as well as documents, so that all corporate information is located in one central location for easy access.
- A robust search panel enabling users to find any information stored in Info@GATE based on any combination of criteria.
- A centralised address book with detailed contact information that is shared with all other Danaos applications. It is straightforward to organize and enables easy information retrieval via a number of options.
- Assignment of unique serial numbers to messages which helps users locate messages without delay and avoids confusion.
- Ability to distribute messages to other users without creating a duplicate message, thus, economising on disk space and reducing back-up time.
- Ability to keep outgoing messages “ON HOLD” for re-edit later either by the message creator or by colleagues.
- Ability to send Secure Personal messages, which is of particular importance for financial, legal, managerial, and other sensitive information.
- Full control of user privileges concerning the viewing and handling of incoming and outgoing messages.
- Follow-up of workflow and processes by creating tasks, adding comments/actions to messages, and the ability to explicitly request approval or acknowledgement from other users.
- A comprehensive filing system for messages and documents, which does not duplicate the files and may be organized according to the needs of the company, its departments or users. Users also have the option to import various documents into the filing system, thus helping to create a “paperless office”.
- 24x7x365 customer support.
Danaos Call Manager
Danaos Call Manager helps companies improve time and cost efficiency by automating incoming and outgoing phone calls.
It integrates with Cisco Call Manager or any PBX using TAPI commands in order to allow users to apply the multimedia features of their computer to simple phone calls, as follows:
- Direct dialing by clicking on telephone numbers listed in the corporate & personal address book, which saves time and avoids errors
- Quick dial
- Pop-up alerts with information regarding incoming calls, for instance caller ID, date/time, etc.
- Answer, transfer, hold, and end call capabilities
- Received, placed, and missed call tracking
Professionals are on the go more than ever these days and access to the key features provided by Info@GATE is imperative.
As such, Danaos has developed Info@GATE OnTheGo! for iPad, iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Mobile, which provides mobile users with the key Info@GATE features presented below:
- Access to ALL OFFICE CREATED BROWSERS
- APPROVE and TO BE INFORMED PROCEDURES
- See MESSAGE MATCHING
- See WHO HAS READ MESSAGES
- OFFICE ALERTS
- MESSAGE SEARCH FUNCTIONALITY
- COMPANY AND PERSONAL ADDRESS BOOK
- VESSEL POSITION LIST
Disaster Recover & Database Expertise
- Database services
- Full remote and on-site database support
- Comprehensive solutions for:
- Disaster recovery implementation
- Standby database server implementation
- Networks - Communications - O/S - System Software services
InfoCONNECT is a ship-to-shore e-mail and data communications system for ship owners and managers. Its key features include:
- Supports Inmarsat A, B, B-HSD, M, Mini M, IPDS, F77 (Fleet), GSM and IRIDIUM connections
- Auto data compression and full Duplex Operation
- Resuming (transmission re-start from break point)
- Automatic virus checking
- Data integrity verification/data delivery confirmation
- Message status indicator
- File management (filing of old messages in folders or share folders between groups of users)
- Reporting/Statistics module
- Shared address books
- Filtering (control message volumes, limit maximum message size, restrict Internet messaging to a list of approved senders and/or domains)
- Public Bulletin Board Service (news and weather updates with your regular message exchange)
- Multi-user shipboard system (LAN)
- Remote access to check vessel messages
- Proven robustness and reliability based on open Internet standards
- Gateways to Internet, telex, fax, ISDN, SMTP, commercial re-filers
- Integrated with ship management software and specially optimized for ship and shore database synchronization
- 24x7x365 customer support
The V-Media Box is an entertainment server for crews that allows any number of Intranet users to simultaneously enjoy multimedia of any kind - movies, music, ebooks, applications and more. Users can access any multimedia file they wish regardless of what other Intranet users are doing. Apart from storing media files, the V-Media Box also enables you to enrich your collection with information regarding genre, artist, rating, release year, plot, cast, nationality and other attributes, which facilitate categorization and searching. Built initially for use aboard vessels, the V-Media Box is deliberately not Internet based in order to operate in places where Internet use is either limited or expensive.
- It allows any number of Intranet users to simultaneously and independently access and enjoy media
- It assembles all media files (music, movies, ebooks, applications, etc.) in one place for convenience and easy searching
- It enables users to browse media via either the application’s friendly Web Interface or via any media client on the network (whatever media player the user’s client has available, either built-in or external)
- It offers full-HD 1080p video playback
- It can be connected to the screen preferred by the user (TV, computer, etc.)
- It performs auto updates when a disk is inserted with new media